August in crochet

A few days late with this - I was all geared up to write a post on the 1st of the month but ended up making a quilt over the weekend (yep, you read right! More on this soon) which delayed my crocheting of the sky for the 31st August. 

It's not been the best August for weather but some of the skies that we've had have been quite phenomenal and so changeable over the course of a day (or sometimes even a few hours!). On the 5th of August I took these pictures as I was fascinated by the fact that one way was dark grey, billowy clouds and then if I turned 180 degrees there was a brilliant shock of blue breaking through.
 

We have had some nice blue skies though but it has mostly felt quite autumnal. I've even noticed some of the leaves starting to turn already which seems so early compared to previous years. 
 

So, enough of my waffling and sky pictures! Here's August in crochet......
Sky Blanket by fabric&flowers

Sky Blanket by fabric&flowers




























Looking at the second half of the blanket (from 28th June at the bottom through to the 1st Sept at the top - the long tails indicate the start of the month) I can now see that July was a much nicer month than I gave it credit for at the time.....the benefit of hindsight and all that!




















As you can see, I've fallen behind with my ends again, which seems to be a bit of a theme for this blanket I've noticed. Ah well, that's tonight sorted out then!

Thanks for popping in and all the interest I've had in the sky blanket. I've only just realised that I'm nearly three quarters of the way through....I'm so looking forward to putting the two halves of the blanket together to see 2012 in it's entirety! I hope you're having a lovely day wherever you are,

S x

Todays sky ● overcast, although this morning it was brilliant blue!


Labels: ,