Looking back to move forward

I always enjoy the beginning of the New Year - the opportunity for a clean slate and to start afresh, and at the moment I'm feeling very optimistic about 2013: although there will be challenges - some I know are coming and others that haven't yet come to light - it feels like it could be a turning point: Littlest Boy will be starting nursery and Little Boy will be starting school all of which should mean that I might get more time to craft and blog! I'm also hopeful that this will be the year that the boys learn to sleep through the night. We can but dream!

From a crafting perspective, I'm not really sure where to start! I've experimented with so many new things this year. And when I was going through all my pictures, there were a lot more finished items than I expected!

First off, I started to dabble in dress-making and am quite surprised to find that I have made four tops already! For 2013,  I've got plans and have the fabric for another Tova (and it's rather psycadelic!) and also for a Renfrew in some beautiful Roma Jersey. I would also like to have a go at making some skirts with cord fabric that I've been hoarding saving for a while.
2012 dressmaking projects by fabric&flowersuk





















Back in May I started to experiment with patchwork and quilting which I've really enjoyed and have made a grand-total of four quilts now (all lap-sized, maybe 2013 will be the year for a bed-sized quilt?!)
Quilting projects by fabric&flowersuk





















I've had so much fun with these and hope to do a lot more in the coming year, I feel I've got so much more to learn. I've already signed up for a Craftsy class on Free Machine Quilting Negative Spaces - an online class which I can do from the comfort of my own home and re-watch anytime I fancy. How cool is that?! I'm hoping that working my way through the Farmers Wife Quilt blocks will also teach me a lot

Yarn wise, it's been mostly about the Sky Blanket (which I'm going to leave for another post), but I have managed to fit in a few little knitting projects here and there as well as other little random projects
2012 Crafty projects by fabric&flowersuk

2012 Crafty projects by fabric&flowersuk








































I've actually really missed knitting so hopefully I'll be able to fit in a little bit more during 2013.

I've even been surprised by the orders that I've done - this has been very much a sideline this year as there's been a lot going on. I enjoyed each and everyone of these - especially the comissions, I think the horse cushion remains my favourite.
Special Commissions by fabric&flowersuk





















Having written down all my plans for next year, it's starting to feel pretty full already! I'd better go and sort out my craft space and make a plan!!!

I'd like to say a big thank-you to you all for following me on the beginnings of my blog journey and hope you all have a fabulous time bringing in the New Year and coming up with your own hopes and dreams.

Happy New Year!

S x

Todays sky ●  bit too dark to say - I'll have to update later!


Labels: , , , , , , ,