April already?!

I had a moment on Monday where I was browsing on my computer and suddenly exclaimed to Mr f&f "It's the first of April?! Really?!" March seems to have passed by in a blur, and my blogging seems to have suffered for which I apologise.

So, where has March gone? Some was a blur of poorly children and sleepless nights and the rest was all about getting ready for Easter and the Easter holidays.

A friend had ordered a Slouchy Tote Bag (which seems to be becoming my trade-mark make!) using a black and white fabric of the New York City skyline. And did I mention the glitter?! I think it's just sooo cool!
Slouchy Tote bag by fabricandflowersuk

I've also managed to catch up with my February blocks for the Skill Builder BOM - the Em Dash caused me some problems: I ended up with very wonky seams when trying to do finish them off quickly one night as I'd obviously stretched the seams whilst sewing. After a bit of ripping and re-cutting I managed to do a better job. Its still not entirely perfect but I'm hopeful that the slightly mis-matched points won't show once quilted!
Skill Builder BOMs by fabricandflowersuk

I need to make a start on my March blocks now but have run out of starch - I'm quite amused by this as prior to starting the Skill Builder I never used starch and I think I'd owned that can for years!!!

A lot of my spare time though was spent on sorting out my craft space (aka the spare room!). The dresser unit is all painted and decopatched now and I'm just trying to sort out the last few remaining bits & bobs (please tell me that every sewer/knitter/crafter has lots of bits and bobs?!) and it will be done. I can't wait! Here are some sneak peaks from my IG feed......


Over the Easter Weekend I even managed a bit of selfish sewing using the new Colette Laurel pattern.....more on that tomorrow!


See you soon,

Sx

Today's sky • glorious blue with some clouds


Labels: , , , , , ,