Lets Get Acquainted!!!!

Hello there! Welcome to my blog if you've popped over on the Let's Get Acquainted Hop, it's so nice to meet you!
Part of my craft room, cropped to miss out the messy desk!!!

Firstly, I must say a massive thank-you to Beth for letting me join in as I suspect I was one of the last ones to say 'oh, can I join in, please?!'

My blog journey started nearly a year and a half ago now: back then I was a keen knitter/crocheter and had been debating blogging for a while. I then read about 'concept knitting/crochet' and made the leap to crochet a row a day for 2012 based on the colour of the sky and thought what better way to document my progress?! On my first post, I signed off with a mini sky report as it seemed apt and still do it now, partly because it's habit and also because it fits in with the British obsession with weather!!!!
2012 Sky Blanket by fabricandflowersuk - read more here

I spent ageesssss trying to find a blog name: lots that I liked were already taken so in the end I went for fabric and flowers as they combine two of my favourite things, although I must confess that my enthusiasm for gardening doesn't translate to actual skill!!!!

Last year I started my adventures in patchwork/quilting and dressmaking and haven't looked back - there literally aren't enough hours in the day for everything that I want to do at the moment!!! I still feel very new to it all and am still trying to find my style, but I'm having a lot of fun along the way!
Patchwork projects by fabricandflowersuk

As you can see, I've had a go at lots of different things over the past year and enjoyed them all so much. This year I've signed up to the Skill Builder BOM (although I'm still working on April's Blocks so am a little behind - oops!) and a Siblings Together quilting bee which is great fun and for such a good cause, and I'm learning new skills all the time which is brilliant!
Dressmaking projects by fabricandflowersuk
I've also had a lot of fun with dressmaking, although looking at these pictures all together I do seem to have a set pose, don't I?!

I love to make bags too and have been on a bit of a Sew Sweetness kick lately!
Aeroplane and Lapin Noir bag by fabricandflowersuk

At the moment, I mostly sew downstairs at the kitchen table, but do have a spare room which is my space (and the guest room). I've not fully moved in yet (my excuse being that we recently moved but that was nearly 9mths ago now, so that's starting to wear a bit thin!), partly because it's upstairs and I would be interrupted by my three Littlies as I tend to sew at night. Would you like to see some of my room?
Fabric and yarn storage! fabricandflowersuk

Most of my fabric and yarn is stored in a dresser unit which I bought cheap and repainted. I think I've got quite a modest stash (although Mr f&f disagrees!)

When I'm not sewing/knitting/crochet I'm running around after my children - ages 7yrs, 4yrs and 3yrs (yep, 16mths between the last two - it was a crazy first year!!!!) which keeps me fairly busy. From September they'll all be going to school in some form or another so I'm hoping to have a lot more time to work out some of my ideas.

And just for a bit of fun, here are some crazy things that you may (or may not!) want to know about me!

✿  My first real job after uni was selling fork-lift trucks
✿  I didn't enjoy selling fork-lift trucks but did enjoy meeting one of my customers who I later married (we've been together nearly 14yrs now - eek!)
✿ BC (before children!) I worked in market research. Even now, I still love walking around supermarkets, checking out new packaging and products. 
✿ For our honeymoon, Mr f&f and I went to America and toured around on a Harley Davidson for two weeks: it was the best time ever
✿ I love hearing my kids laugh
✿ I always get my words mixed up, especially when I'm tired.
✿ I get overly excited when seeds I plant in the garden start to grow
✿ Sometime I laugh so hard I cry, especially if it's one of those animal videos from You've Been Framed - they get me every time!
✿ I'm not a morning person. It takes me at least two cups of tea to wake up. I once put chilli on my porridge (instead of cinnamon) because I wasn't fully awake!

Thanks so much for popping in and don't forget to check out the rest of the fab blogs that are on this weeks hop;

Vicki @ A Quilter's Mission
RobinSue @ RobinSue Quilts
Elisa @ Lovelea Designs
Elizabeth @ In The Boondocks
Jenny @ A Note To Follow Sew
Lorna @ Sew Fresh Quilts
Emily @ Sew E.T.
Em @ Sewing by Moonlight

S x

Todays sky ● blue sky and lots of cloud, still warm though!

Labels: ,