Stamp It Up Swap

I mentioned a little while ago how Nicky had been a very bad influence setting up a swap for fabric stamping and showed you some stamps that I'd had a play with.

I'd been thinking of doing a different stamp but my swap partner commented on my Flickr picture that she loved my attempt at seed heads so I set to and printed some fabric, using an off white for the base (I think it's putty as it came in a scrap pack that I picked up from Justine at FQR)

Not long after I'd signed up for the swap I was reading through some blogs and saw Rachel's fabulous Mini Open Wide Pouch and thought it would make the perfect gift. Who doesn't love a mini pouch?!
Hand stamped mini open-wide pouch by fabricandflowersuk

I used a navy for the bottom and added some red running stitch along the edge which in retrospect I should have done with a slightly thicker thread as it doesn't really show up as much as I would have liked.

We weren't meant to include any gifts with the swap but I knew from a good bit of stalking that Amy was building a wonky village so thought I would make a little wonky tree.


I had so much fun making this for Amy and look at the amazing printed notebook that I received from Lisa (Gertie Pye). Isn't it amazing? I just love the stamping, it's so me!
Stamp It Up Journal cover
Hand printed journal cover by Gertiepye

Yesterday I had another little play, I'm thinking of using it to stamp a logo on bags for the craft fair


Thanks so much to Nicky & Helen for organising the swap and to Lisa for sending me such a lovely gift.

S x

Todays sky ● overcast and misty. Boo!

Labels: , , ,