2014: The year that...


...was Speedy-Fast (although based on the fact that I'm doing my first post of 2015 on the 12th day you could argue that this year is going the same way!). There's so much sewing I did that never got blogged, either because they were private commissions or just because. This year I'm going to aim for  shorter but more frequent posts!


...saw me having my first patterns published. So exciting! I've really enjoyed making and pattern writing for Simply Solids, Fat Quarterly and Quilt Now and hope to do more over the coming year.


...I took part in instagram swaps. They were so much fun - it's a great way for finding and getting to know lots of new quilty peeps, and my sewing room wall is starting to fill with inspiration! I've already signed up to another two - #ukminiswap and #makefriendsswap and I'm sure there'll be one or two more before the end of the year!!! You can find me on IG as @fabricandflowersuk.


...was thought provoking. With Littlest Boy starting school last September, I admit to having been thrown into a bit of a spin......Where am I going? What am I doing? and I'm still not entirely sure that I've got all the answers yet. I have at least now got a few ideas though which I guess is a good starting point so hopefully I'll begin tackling this next phase in my life very soon......(although there's always that WIP pile which doesn't seem to be going down to keep me busy!!!)

Hope you're all having a good start to 2015 and see you soon, 

S x

Todays sky ● grey, miserable and very rainy

Labels: , , , ,