Whoosh.......January's gone!

It's been quite a busy month really, although I can't quite believe that we're already in February! First up was the making of a snowdrop block. Quite a while ago now, there was a call on IG to help contribute towards a community quilt project: everyone who took part would send in a block, they would be joined into a quilt and be put on display at the Snowdrop Festival in Shaftesbury, 13th-22nd February. I went for quite a simple, delicate design - much like the the snowdrop! - and used fusible wadding on each of the petals to give them a trapunto effect before appliquéing them on to the background. If you do happen to go to the festival then I would love to see some pictures!


Theres been some secret sewing.....sneak peaks of a commission and a swap project.


Probably the thing that I'm proudest of in January is actually tidying my sewing space - I can now see surfaces and  carpet (although I'm guessing it will only last until I'm halfway through a big project!). I still need to have a proper sort out of fabric but it is now a nice space to spend time in - this was taken late at night to capture the moment!!!!


And in my spring clean, I've put two tops on the 'to quilt' pile: first up 'A Study in Blue' for Boy 1. I started this last year and really want to get it finished before March as there's a bit a fabric which says 5 and in March he's 6 so I need to get a shifty on!

Next up is a William Morris quilt, this was finished back last year and is only the second or third quilt that I made. I like it but it's not as bright as some of my more recent quilts (I think I scarred Hadley for life when I posted this on IG!) and to be honest I've been stuck for inspiration on how to quilt it. Anyhow, Jo posted a sneak peak of a new quilt on IG (again with the IG! I'm over there quite a lot as @fabricandflowersuk if you'd like to follow me!) quilted in leaf pattern. That seems a perfect match with William Morris and then when I met with Carol this week she very kindly offered me a play on her longarm frame, so hopefully we'll get a date in the diary soon.

And finally, I made some more knickers! I've tweaked the pattern and attached the elastic in a different way. And guess what?! I'm going to be teaching how to make these in a couple of weeks time so, if you live in Gloucestershire and fancy an evening of sewing, giggling, a glass of bubbly and maybe a chocolate brownie or two then please do drop me a line as it would be great to see you.



Hope you all have a great weekend,

Sx

Today's sky ● mostly overcast but I have seen some blue sky!







Labels: ,