May

Gosh, I've been gone a while haven't I?! Things have all been hectic since Easter....daily life with the children seems to be getting busier by the term and I've been trying to sort some things out on the home front too. Slowly, slowly I'm making progress and you'll hopefully see me around a bit more!


Still, there's been quite a lot of sewing going on, especially of the dress-making variety. There was a sample quilt for Simply Solids for a new kit that they will be selling, a kimono using By Hand London's fab tutorial, a Chambray Tova with a hint of Liberty (more about this later in the week!) and some Wavy Coasters for a commission.

Probably the most exciting thing that happened this month was some secret sewing I'd done for Quilt Now being published and finding out that I'd made the front cover. I confess to squealing and jumping up and down a bit when I found out. Sooooo exciting! And the quilt in full.....

It was so fun to play with a bundle of Cotton & Steel! The pattern is foundation pieced and is a great introduction to the technique if you're new to it - I'd love to know if you have a go at making it.

Anyways, I think that's probably enough for tonight - will be back soon!

S x

PS - a special thank you to Debbie for the note you sent me! I'm afraid I couldn't respond as you're a no-reply blogger but please know that your message meant a lot. Thank you x

Today's Sky - cloudy


Labels: , , ,